Subject: Networking PC and Amiga
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mail List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 May 1995 03:23:20 -0400

For anyone seeking detailed help with networking their Amiga to a PC or 
any other sort of networking solutions, I recommend a book by Dale Larson
called 'Connect Your Amiga'.  Dale is the former Software Engineer for 
Commodore's Amiga Networking Group and was one of the principle authors 
of the SANA-II Networking Device Driver standard...in other words, he 
know what he's talking about when it comes to setting up networks!

It sells for $24.95 and aside from covering LOTS of networking info 
(TCP/IP, Envoy, PPP, DECnet, and much more) it gets pretty deep into the 
Internet and general telecommunications.

"Connect Your Amiga" is sold by Intangible Assets Manufacturing who also 
carries many other cool Amiga products, including Dave Haynie's video 
"The Deathbed Vigil and other tales of digital angst" which documents 
(more or less) the final days (years) of Commodore and how the REAL Amiga 
people felt when Commodore went belly up...very funny tape and recommended 
viewing for any devoted Amigan.  (Warning, the tape was produced by a 
hardware engineer and not a video producer, so the quality is not the 
greatest, but the content more than makes up for lacking technical merit)

I.A.M. prefers to take orders via E-mail, Mail, or Fax but you can 
call them voice too...advisable for credit card orders...you can contact 
them at:
             Voice Phone: 1-610-853-4406 (orders only)
                     Fax: 1-610-853-3733
          World Wide Web: HTTP://www.iam.com/iam
                  E-Mail: [email-masked]  (info only)
                      or: [email-masked]  (to place an order)
            Regular Mail: Intangible Assets Manufacturing
                          828 Ormond Avenue
                          Drexel Hill, PA 19026-1604
                          USA

Sorry for the non-LightWave post, but I think this book may help some 
people with their networking and Internet problems...it certainly cleared 
up a few things for me about Ethernet connections and using Mosaic on the 
Amiga!

                                      -David Warner
                                       Event Horizon Graphics

P.S.  No, I don't work for I.A.M. either...just passing along info about 
      a couple of cool products.